måndag 25 maj 2015

3/9 Birds eye

Yarn. White Tuna filtgarn from Borgs vävgarner (2 ply wool approx. 300m/100g). The reddish pink is an unknown yarn of similar quality, dyed with blood red webcap (Cortinarius sanguineus). Needle size 3mm.

I created the pattern for the student Christmas market at Capellagården in 2014, inspired by the weaving technique Birds eye twill. My goal was a simple and easy-to-knit pattern to help people get started knitting with two colours. The pattern is for sale (in Swedish -when I get time to translate it I think I'll try putting it up on Ravelry) this summer in the Capellagården summer shop. 


I am very pleased with this pattern, mainly because it is so simple and I am very fond of simple things. It IS also easy to knit, no long floats or tricky irregularities. I have only had time to knit two pairs yet, one that I traded with a friend for some ceramics, and the mittens in the picture. They have been my main mittens this winter, and I have used them A LOT The worst time so far was when I had to use them to wipe the windscreen of my car free of dirty, half melted ice when the car got deep frozen and the windscreen wipers stopped working one time around christmas. They got clean again when I washed them, but if they look a little fuzzy, that's why...


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar