måndag 23 februari 2015

The beginning

Hi, I am Elin, I live in Sweden and I have a textile life!

My preferred textile activities are knitting, weaving, printing, dyeing and spinning, but sometimes I sew (badly), sometimes I crochet and sometimes I do ..other things.. I'm up for most crafts really, as long as they are intresting. I love the process of making, and in this blog I will try to share that love with you. Here comes my textile thoughts, pictures, patterns, ideas and experiments.

Garden inspired mittens that I designed for the Capellagården summer shop in 2014. (I need to rework those patterns so I can put them up on Ravelry).

Some short personal facts - I was born in 1984, grew up in the Swedish countryside, county of Värmland, and have since then moved around a lot in southern Sweden. I have a MSc in Conservation Biology and I work with nature conservation. However, these past 2 years I have been on leave from work to attend the two-year textile course at Capellagården, Öland- a life long dream come true! In the future I hope to work part time with textiles in some way.


You can also find me on instagram: @elinakelius and ravelry: anura
Feel free to comment! Comments in Swedish will be answered in Swedish.


Vi ses! (See you!)



And for the swedes - I used to blog about textiles in Swedish, but decided to start a new international blog life after getting to know more and more non- Swedish speaking textile lovers. 
However, - you can find my old posts here : Ur ett insnöat liv...slöjden.

1 kommentar:

  1. Hej!
    As that is the full extent of my knowledge of Swedish, I'm glad you have made this blog in English :)
    And I'm even more glad I just found it (via instagram). Can't wait to read more! Fran

    SvaraRadera